DIE STATION

„Die Station“ was built by soviet occupying forces in 1951 at the riverbank of the “Große Mühl”. It was used as a storehouse for the peasant association and is a grand symbol for the agricultural work of former days. After World War II it played an important role in the reconstruction of the regional agriculture and the development and implementation of modern agricultural techniques. The area is in the hands of artists since 1999. Initially used by the artists Nick Treadwell and Joachim Eckl in a mutual way, “Die Station” developed to be a place of transformation. The HEIM.ART®-philosophy finds expression in several artistic interventions in a cosmopolitan way of working. The basic notion is dealing and appreciating the already existing potential of the region. Symbols provide an impetus and present landing sites for ideas. Rooted and far-fetched notions shall be charged with energy and woven in the environment. International artists of different genres are being invited. With the mixture of actors, painters, musicians, instrument makers, performance-artists, sculptors and visual artists something new shall be created. In connection with the family-run hotel “Mühltalhof” which is located just a few hundred metres downstream the “Große Mühl”, “Die Station” is a creative place of encounter, exchange and dialogue today.